Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Apps I Use - Part 2

This is a continuation of the previous post. I know I'm talking about a lot of apps, but I have always wanted to do this. I have so many people ask me about this app and that app, so why not make a whole post about it? I can write everyday about all the apps I use, like that's how much I rely on these resources. I can also talk about all the websites I go on and use and such, but that will be for another day.

Comment on either post and let me know what apps you use :) I love trying new things!

So here are the rest of the apps I use:


Way of Life
This app is my habit tracker. It's my favorite app out of all the habit trackers I've tried out, mainly because it's super easy to put "yes, no, or skip." And "skip" is my favorite feature. I don't do the same exercise everyday, so I "skip" it and explain why in a note. Other apps I tried didn't have it, so it made me seem like I was not doing my habits when I really was. I track 23 habits on a daily basis and I've been doing so for the past couple of months. Works great.

Brain Wave
A lot of people have asked me about this, so I'm going to share my own experience. I noticed through fitbit that I didn't sleep too well throughout the night and never fully reached deep sleep most nights. So I tried out this app, which has for deep sleep, dreamy sleep, studying, morning wake up, and a lot of other things. It's basically just an ambiance sound and "brain waves." I can sometimes hear them but it doesn't bug me too much, it's really relaxing actually. I use Deep Sleep often and it has a feature that wakes you up after a certain amount of time, and I am never wide awake when getting up at 6AM unless I use this app.

Relax + with Andrew Johnson
Another app I use similar to Brain Waves are the Andrew Johnson apps. At first, his voice and accent really annoyed me, but I found that this app relaxed me the most out of all that I tried. There's also a variety of these apps for different things like lose weight, success, confidence, positivity, stress free, etc. I'm planning to use these other apps, but for now I use this to just relax. It has a feature that allows you to go to sleep after the session or wake up. I usually just go to sleep and it helps.

Yoga with Janet Stone
Now a bit into exercise. I've tried soooo many yoga apps, and this one was definitely my favorite. Yoga for Flexibility, Strength, or just Daily sessions. I've done the Flexibility day by day and I've noticed an improvement. Also, Janet Stone's voice is extremely relaxing in my opinion. I try to do a session every day.

Learn Pilates
This app KILLED my arms, my legs, my abs... My whole body. Great workout at home for sure. And when I go to classes at my local gym, I feel in shape and I can follow along better than before. You have to purchase the lessons inside the app, but it's only $2 for the complete lesson, and I use this almost everyday as my circuit workout. It teaches you the basics and let's you go from there with great workouts.

RunKeeper
I know there's millions of running apps, but I use this one mainly because it integrates with all the other apps and websites I use. It has a few lessons like C25K and weight loss, but I prefer other apps for that, like Lolo apps. I use this to be able to track my outside runs and my stationary bike sessions.


StrongLifts
This is an app my boyfriend uses, and it comes from the website's StrongLifts program. I love this program and my boyfriend has been following it for our current 6 Week Challenge. It's a simple an effective tracker for the actual program, though at first is was a bit confusing to learn how to use it. Now, my boyfriend goes to the gym and has a timer and tracker for his weight lifting.

Promodoro
Another app my boyfriend uses, and I've joined in on too, is Promodoro. We would always procrastinate our work and feel overwhelmed and stressed out. This app helps you make a to-do list, and create smaller tasks out of the large projects and to-dos, and then times you! You have a certain amount of time to work, and then a break. We both feel at ease and more focused while working, thanks to this app.

I saved the best for last, my all time favorite iphone pass-time: Kairosoft Games.




I love these games, and every person that has tried one of their games has gotten addicted. I've bought all the full games for $0.99, though they're usually more expensive, but they do have free versions. They've also recently come out with "Beastie Bay" which is completely free to play, so that was awesome :) I have a folder full of all of these games, I love them.

Other things I use are Cozi, CodeAcademy, Coursera, Trello, and RescueTime, but those are more on my MacBook. Maybe I'll make a post about the websites I use too and such another time. For now, I'll leave it at these apps :) Love you all.

Kat <3 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)