Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Apps I Use - Part 1

I know this post seems extremely random, but I think it's pretty important for those of you who have iPhones or just use the internet a lot. I love these type of posts because that's one of the ways I discovered LifeKraze... And you'd be surprised how much a simple application or website can help you personally. I'm basically going to give a list of all the apps I use or ever used and thought was helpful, how I use them, and why. Simple, personal reviews. I'm definitely not getting paid for this, so you can expect true and honest reviews :)


LifeKraze
If you have been reading this blog and not clicked the link once, you are missing out. It's a Twitter for nice, positive people. The community is absolutely wonderful. It's all about encouragement and cheering on and "moving the world." It's a beautiful experience to be able to share things with people, your accomplishments or thoughts, and have them give you points or high-five or leave comments. It's all positive, and that's the most important part of it. The team has done a really good job creating this website and making it happen on both iPhone and on the Web. I'm not sure about an Android app, but I'm sure that's searchable. If you want to start anywhere, PLEASE start at LifeKraze. It's seriously a life changer.

FitBit
This is more of a product than an app, but it's really helpful still and I use it second most. I currently have the old fitbit that you clip onto your clothes, but I pre-ordered the armband and I am super excited. Fitbit tracks your movement: Calories burned, steps taken, stairs climbed, etc. You can put a daily or weekly goal for your steps and you can track how you're sleeping at night (it helped me realize that I don't sleep well, which I'll go into with my other apps). There's a website and an iPhone app that I use, and I can share my FitBit scale with my boyfriend too. We both just step on, it recognizes who it is, and records our information on the website. Both products are amazing and very effective if you like to track your progress.

MyFitnessPal
Another tracking app, but for eating. This can integrate with FitBit, which I really love. It's more for weightloss, but I use it for my own goal: Losing body fat. I record everything I eat by 3 hour intervals instead of the default "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snack." I also watch my daily pie charts that show me how many carbs, protein, and fat I've had (you can see this in a previous post). It set's goals for you when you first sign up and put your information in, and I can guarantee that it works great for weight loss if you're dedicated to it. I also love the scanning and meal saving features. It actually makes calorie counting and food tracking easy and not time consuming.

AppShopper
I'm no where near done listing all the apps I use, so I wanted this to be the first one you see before I go on. This app has saved me so much money, and the reason it's my favorite is because it's simple. I save apps on my wishlist, and I wait for the price to drop to "Free"! Simple. I've gotten apps for free that were originally $19.99 or $8.99 or just $4.99. I really don't have money to spend on apps, so I always save the apps I like and wait a few months for a sale or discount and it usually always comes! All of the apps I'm going to list I've gotten for free, and there's a lot more on my phone (especially games) that I have saved money on.

WaterLogged
I have a bitter-sweet relationship with this app. I need to drink more water, and I promise you this app does all it can to remind me to drink, drink, drink. Sounds of water, notifications of other users that just took a drink, and user-made notifications. It has helped me drink more, that's for sure. I haven't been able to find a similar Android app that I like, but if you do let me know!

ShopWell
I've only used this app once, but it definitely was a very effictive one-time use. I went grocery shopping and basically scanned every single thing I was about to put into my cart. And if it had a low rating, the app would tell me why and what was better. Amazing shopping experience, I was there for over 2 hours and I didn't even notice. I also haven't run out of food yet and it's been almost two weeks since that day. Great app for a personalized & "eat-healthy" shopping experience. There's other similar apps that I've tried and this one, so far, has been my favorite.

PinkPad
This one's for the ladies: There's so many period apps out there, and this one is my favorite for sure. Completely free, I haven't needed to buy the pro-version because the theme is already cute and I have all the features I could ever ask for. Especially since I'm taking Birth Control, it really helps me keep track of Aunt Flow and how heavy, how the cramps were, how I felt, etc. All in one very pink and cute app!

Stylebook
This is by far the coolest app I've come across, but let me warn you right now: It is very time consuming! There's one for both women and men. Basically, you take a picture of every article of clothing, every piece of jewelry or accessory you have. Then you import the pictures onto your app, erase the background (it does it automatically for you, but if you don't have a solid, very contrasting background, you'll have to do it on your own and it takes forever unless you have a steady hand and an iphone stylus), and organize your clothes into this Style Book. There you can plan your outfits by putting them in a collage together and save them for future reference, you can see how many times you've worn an outfit and make sure you don't repeat, and you can see what you haven't worn much (very useful for spring cleaning for sure). I love this app.

Gratitude Journal
I've always had a negative mindset, and I heard of someone doing this at my previous job so I decided to try it. Amazing results, really. I've been starting to notice the good things in my life, and think of negative situations in a positive light. The app itself is very creative and cute, and it's a lot of fun personally to write in it on a daily basis.

There's 9 more apps I want to tell you about, but I'm going to leave it for tomorrow so I don't make a huge post. Stay tuned & Love you all :)

Kat <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)