Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, March 13, 2013

6 Week Challenge - Update #2 & More!

I'm going to briefly go over yesterday's exercise, and then I'm going to talk about something that's been really bugging me lately.

The reason I've been updating everyday this week for the 6 Week Challenge is so that our workout routine is discussed and perfected. I think after this week I'll change to one or two updates a week until the end of the Challenge.

So a quick review of yesterday and today:

Yesterday was absolutely amazing and horrible at the same time. I guess we need these type of days to get better and better.

Alvaro did Yoga for Scoliosis, and then tried out Calisthenics for the first time. Push-ups, Pull-ups, Crunches, Squats, Dips, L-Sits, Frog Stands, Planche Push-ups, etc. He loved it, which is great because he had been arguing with me about this for the longest time. Now he wants to do Calisthenics everyday!
We agreed that he would do weight lifting Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and Calisthenics Tuesdays & Thursdays. He was also able to reach 230g of protein, so that was awesome!

As for me, I did not exercise yesterday. I feel a bit disappointed in myself, but it was a busy and tough day for me. I've been helping out the friends and family of my teacher that passed away and I just have not been able to stop thinking about this tragedy. Also, Monday's workout really discouraged me... So we're definitely changing the routine. I was supposed to do endurance running and some circuit workouts. By the time I was ready to workout, it was already 1AM. My diet went well yesterday, but that's pretty much it. I'm definitely going to take this as a learning experience and work my butt off tomorrow.

Now, for my teacher...

They're holding a memorial service next thursday for anyone who knew her personally and goes to the university. You can find out more information at the Facebook Page [here]. 

It's been really tough, dealing with this. It's just so hard... One day they're here, and the next day they're gone. And all those small, but meaningful interactions you made will never happen again. 

Life is really sad sometimes... Shit happens to good people and there's nothing you can do.

I really hope the family finds the driver... All it took was for one person to stop their car and help her to the hospital and maybe she'd be alive right now. It's really a tragedy.

If you've ever lost a loved one unexpectedly, please comment or email me about your experience and how you dealt with it. I'm really having a hard time here. 

I'm sorry if this post is really short, but I'm just having an overall bad time the past few days. I'll update on the exercises tomorrow and hopefully be in higher spirits.

Also, Feedburner hasn't been processing my blog posts. Too many pictures means over 512KB and they don't work with blog posts bigger than that size. So if you're subscribed through email, that's the main explanation for the lack of updates. Sorry!

Thank you, and love you all.

Kat <3

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)