Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Monday, April 08, 2013

6 Week Challenge Update - Kitty Edition

So today is just going to be a quick update on this past week :)

I'm also going to share with you the new things I've gotten addicted to, so be warned already... 

I also want to say congratulations to my best friend (see picture on the left of us joking around), for FINALLY getting his number!!! The people involved know what I'm talking about, and I'll fill you guys in at a later date with the whole comical story ;)

For now, I'm going to start the post off with cats...

 Cat GIFS!!!! Check it out [here]

If I were to really post all of my favorite pictures, I would probably just post the whole website haha so check it out for yourself. 23 pages, and I'm only at page 16. It's been the best laugh I've had all week.

Next on my laugh scale is SnapChat, an iphone app that my friend got me into... You open the app, take a picture or quick video, set the amount of seconds you want your friend to see it for, write a short message on the picture or draw stuff on the picture, and send it. It's forever gone unless you save it, but your friend see's 3-10 seconds of your funny faces & weird places. Like you can really make it weird or funny with this thing, and they'll never be able to screencap, save, or see that picture or video ever again... So you can imagine how... eccentric... it got between me and my friends.

I took a hilarious video of my friend having a frustration tantrum where she throws her bag to the floor and bounces around with this funny face on... Too bad I didn't know about the save function until today. Would've made a good GIF.

So about this week, I officially signed up for the 5K run, and I'm definitely preparing for it by doing lots and lots of cardio. Alvaro and I decided that we're just going to do cardio together as he works on his yoga for scoliosis. He's going to teach me the rowing machine and all the exercises he knows on there so I'm pretty excited :) I'm also excited to do the cycling and yoga classes with my friend, Priscilla (AKA Priscirra), so once she gets her gym membership, I'll get to do that.

My grandma tried the SilverSneakers class once again (after not really liking it the first time), and she loved it for sure this time. The teacher actually knew spanish this time around and was able to explain all the moves to her so she wasn't lost.

She was telling me beforehand, "This is a class for stupid people." And I warned her, "No, it's a really good class, you're going to get a really good workout from it."

Well, she realized that today for sure now that she understood the teacher. She was soooo tired afterwards, she was in shock. I had her do a few machines afterwards because she loves doing those, and I did the stationary bicycle and elliptical. So we both left tired and feeling good :)

I've honestly been focusing more on my grandma than on myself. She calls me twice a day to tell me what she's eaten. After grocery shopping with her, she's been eating a lot healthier, and more often with smaller portions. I'm also planning on doing her first weigh-in and measurements this saturday, so we're both looking forward to that. I haven't checked up on my measurements... Honestly because I'm not sure what to expect. Hopefully if I can manage focusing on both her and my own workouts / eating habits, I'll get some good results in the end of the 6 Week Challenge, but I'm not too sure right now.

Everything has changed from when Alvaro and I first started off the challenge, and I guess that's something we have to get used to: Life's unexpected twists and turn of events. Or, "You don't always get what you want." It's not a bad thing per se, but I'm definitely working ten times harder to get the results I want. I'm ready to bring it to the gym with both my grandma and Alvaro and see a difference at the end of the 6 Week Challenge :) (insert affirmations and a new 'goal bathing suit' here) haha I'm hoping that I can at least feel confident enough in a bathing suit by the end of this challenge, that'll be good enough for me. Beach-time anyone? :)

Love you all.

Kat <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)