Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Starting Fresh - 6 Week Challenge #2

I'm back!

For real this time. Seriously. I think I'm going to make a 6 Week Challenge to write every day on here.

So, to celebrate my long-term return, I'm going to make a few changes to my blog.

 

First off, I'm probably not going to write as much as I used to. I work 40 hours a week, go to school, have two internships, and my web design business... My two days off from work are my days for working on everything else.

SO, that being said, I'm going to plan a posting schedule so I can keep this blog up, no excuses.

I'm also going to be making some aesthetic changes, and giving this blog a meaning that's more than just my personal diary. 

Other than that, you'll see what comes and goes on this blog. I'm thinking of buying a domain and hosting the site, but all with time really.

With all the things I have going on in my life, I still feel like it's not enough. I feel like I need to be spending more time growing and learning, and I'm just doing busy work.

Like I told my supervisor at work when he questioned my desire of becoming a supervisor myself,
"I don't like being stuck in the same position for too long, I like growing... Doesn't matter what the responsibilities are, I want to keep growing and learning new things."
 And of course, he looked at me like I'm asking for a death wish.

I got that "Hard Work, Dedication" t-shirt from a LifeKraze competition with Dolvett Quince (he signed it but I'm pretty sure that will wash off soon haha). And I hear everyone say "hard work and dedication will pay off" but it's like... I really don't know when to stop. I overwhelm myself some times, and then I'm too stressed to focus.

So I came across some article about the "Number One Word for Successful People" and this magical word that makes people oh so succesful is actually "no" aaand of course that's the one word that's not in my vocabulary.

I'm too nice, and I'm starting to realize it. I let people in too easily, and they take advantage of me and leave. Or just stick around to keep squeezing the juice out of me.

There's also the saying of how you need to surround yourself with the people you want to be: Positive people, successful people, kind and respectful people.

I'm surrounded by complainers, shit-talkers, lazy, unproductive, negative people.

Of course, I have those few that are really, truly a part of my heart and those are the ones I want to keep around me forever, no matter what. Buuut I really need a change of scenery.

The whole point of this is really my next 6 Week Challenge. It was hard to decide because I'm actually starting to clean up my eating and get my exercise routine back on track... I even won a DietBet and that proved to be hard in itself.

But I think for my overall well-being, my next 6 Week Challenge will be to stop complaining and start appreciating.

That means I'm going to...
  1. Get rid of those people that bring me down or take advantage of me.
  2. Start writing in my gratitude journal.
  3. Be more positive myself and bring that positivity to others.
  4. See the solution, rather than the problem (no more pity-parties).
  5. Love the people around me, and tell them how much I appreciate them.
I've already started doing some of these things, but I just wanted to make it official. Plus, I have a lot to write about in the coming days for all of these aspects of my challenge.

So join me if you would like to, and if you are don't hesitate to comment below! That's one of the things I'll be doing actually, I've been getting a loooot of spam comments, so I may be putting CAPTCHA soon, just a heads up!

Thank you all for reading and love you all :)

- Kat


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)