Copyright © 6 Weeks of My Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, May 04, 2013

One Step At A Time

So today, I told my boyfriend, Alvaro, that I'm going to make my own MMORPG like World of Warcraft.

And he says, "Okay, I think you're stretching it..."

And I say, "No, I have big goals, and I have small goals to get there. And I'm going to do them all."

It got me thinking about my short-term and long-term goals, and how important it is to have them... For me at least.

I've learned that being goal oriented is the only way I feel like I'm doing something with my life. Whether it's "get to work today" or "do the squat challenge this month," it really helps to have something to do, and actually do it and feel accomplished.

Serenity Online, my text-based MMORPG project, is probably in the middle of my goal line (going from short-term to long-term). It has smaller goals that have even smaller goals and so on. And honestly, I feel like I haven't been doing much because I've been focusing on the big picture, rather than the small steps to get there.

SO, I'm deciding to make a change today.

I'm going to focus on getting Serenity Online completed, one step at a time.

I'm going to stop stressing over the fact that I haven't completed the whole project, and focus more on the fact that I have a lot of small goals to complete instead.

I also need to be patient. I'm only one person doing something huge, and it's going to take time and a lot of effort. I have great friends helping me with this, but I know I need a lot more resources. I'm not going to let this bring me down or stop me. I'm going to work my hardest on the smaller parts that I can do, and figure out the rest as it comes :)

So if you guys have any goals that seem too hard to do, just break it up into smaller pieces and work on it one step at a time. It's a lot harder when you're doing it, especially if you're like me and you want things done right away, but it helps a lot.

Any who, I'm going to get back to work on those smaller goals now (work, code academy, research, etc). Love you all!

Kat <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comment below :)